Monday 30 January 2012

my vegan poutine with tofu and veggies


Saturday night I really wanted some poutine. I'm not a person who loves poutine, but for some reason I was craving it and how can one go wrong with it? Potatoes, yum! ( we had sweet potatoes so even better) Gravy with mushrooms, yum! vegan cheese, yum!  I have to say that it really turned out pretty good. I made extra potatoes thinking that I made too many people but nope, we polished it off. We couldn't just eat poutine, so also made a side dish of tofu with veggies.

poutine:
-2 sweet potatoes baked for 45 minutes (seasonings include garlic, rosemary, cajun, hot chill flakes and salt and pepper to taste)
- gravy ( 1 onion, 3 different types of mushrooms including cremini, portobello and king oyster, vegetarian broth and chickpea flour for thickener, oh and a bit of red wine)
- daiya cheese ( mozzarella of course)

tofu and veggies:
- florets of broccoli
- florets of cauliflower
-1 bok choy ( cut in 8th)
- 1 carrot
-1 tofu

put all ingredients in a skillet and sauté with a little soy sauce

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment