Friday 20 January 2012

It's Friday

I know there are no good excuses for not having written during the entire week but if there were any good ones they would be 1-busy with work and 2-it was my birthday. As we all know, we should never ask a woman her age but the one thing I will share is that I am in my 20's. I had a really great birthday. My boss surprised me with a day off, which has never happened to me before and I certainly did not expect such a nice surprise. So I spent my day relaxing reading a French book(les enchants de la liberte), having a a nice soup for lunch (home made of course), and then my hubby took me for a nice drive to one of our favorite bakeries (vegan Danish) where we shared two cupcakes (vanilla with strawberry frosting and chocolate with chocolate frosting) they were both very yummy! I was suppose to work late this day so my hubby reserved the restaurant for the next day so we went over to his parents place for a nice cooked meal. As for the dinner reservations, we went to raw aura a great raw restaurant in Mississauga, yum! After eating so much good food, I am so happy that I go to the gym every day. Some people may think that going every day is crazy but I feel so good when I go. It has become so much a part of my daily routine that if I don't go-which is only when I am sick-I feel like something is missing. Every day I do my cardio and some strength training
, I am not one of those people who has an amazing body with killer abs and arms but I do feel much stronger since I joined the gym about 4years ago. I have a few friends at the gym who are very strong and do amazing workout routines and I use them as my inspiration. They do different types of plankes and leg exercises which I try to do as well but I am not as strong as they are so I can never do as many reps as they do. I often look at my body and think that I should lose more weight or at least tone up more around the belly ( that is my problem area) but at the end of the day I have to remember that I do have a good body. I think that us women often have image issues and want to have the perfect body like famous people do but that is soooo unrealistic. We can't work out everyday for 4-5 hours like they do. And you know what I do enjoy my cupcake and sweets and nothing will stop me from having one once in a while and not feeling bad about eating it. I guess that's enough for now, until next time ... P.S. it's the weekend so go have some sweets and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment