Monday 16 January 2012

Another weekend...

And just like that another weekend has just come and gone. Weekends are never long enough, there's always lots to do and this weekend was very busy. I had to work on Saturday till around 2 in the afternoon so my weekend felt even shorter- I did have Friday off but it just isn't the same. I had to go all the way to Sutton (in Ontario, not Quebec) close to Lake Simcoe to do a workshop for some young adults. Luckily for me, the weather was nice on that day but the drive was long (1hour and 30 minutes). Even though I had to work for half of the day, I ended up with having a gerat evening out with the girls. Went out for a nice dinner and some great girl talk- you know what I'm talking about ladies. Our wonderful topics ranged from men, jobs, life and good old-fashioned gossip. What a great way to end a Saturday evening.  
 
Sunday was going to be day spent just with my hubby. So of course I got up early to go to the gym for 8am (I rarely miss a day- unless I'm sick) and next thing you know all the girls were there so of course I didn't get home till around 11 o'clock.  After having a nice lunch at home with the hubby we decided to go for a drive and we ended up in Port Credit at the Planet Organic health food store. It's a great store but a bit on the pricey side. We then ended up at Whole Foods- we have never been there before so we wanted to check it out. Wow, what a big store. A lot of organic, vegan and gluten-free foods which is great! We bougth a few things that we have never seen before- some vegan snacks (I totally had a pig out after dinner, does that ever happen to you guys? I usually have one or two of these a week but that's why I go to the gym every day! My saviour!). 
 
Since I'm on the topic of snacks, I always try to be healthy even when I snack. My snacks usually are natural peanut butter with jam on the spoon of course (no better way, right?), fruits with maple syrup (loads of both), pieces of dark chocolate (nothing like it, forget about the milk chocolate!) and one of my favorites, small rice cakes with vegan cream cheese and honey on top. I could eat those the entire day and because all the ingredients are low in fat, carbs and no cholesterol I eat a bunch of them. Usually about 5 crackers on a sitting. And of course there's those days that you just wanna eat some good barbaque chips or chocolate chip cookies. Yum! that sounds good. No, I am being good today. Can't have two days in a row of snacking.  Enough talk about snacking, here's what we had for dinner last night. PIZZA! Two different types






Spinach and red pepper pizza


zucchini and asparagus pizza



No comments:

Post a Comment